It’s that time of year again where we all come together in our local communities to host coffee mornings for our local hospice!
The past 18 months has been incredibly challenging for so many, and while we are all still managing the return to some kind of normality, there is hope on the horizon and we are thrilled to see so many people supporting this year’s event.
Hospices were faced with many challenges throughout 2020 and while the event was drastically impacted by Covid-19, we raised over €1million. This is an incredible testament to the dedication and support from communities in villages, towns and cities right across the country.
Where people could no longer host in their homes, they adapted to Drive through coffee mornings and take away events. Where people could not join together with work colleagues they hosted virtual coffee mornings online. People came together in gardens and parks, and when that wasn’t possible, they asked people to donate to their local hospice instead. The support for hospice care in local communities is incredible, and is such a huge part of why Bewley’s Big Coffee Morning Social for Hospice has become an important event in the diary each year.
To those who have supported your local hospice year in year out, throughout the past 29 years – you have been a huge part of the over €40million that has been raised for hospices nationwide during this time, and we cannot thank you enough.
We wish you all the best for your coffee mornings again this year – Stay Safe!
Together for Hospice, The National Hospice Movement.
Together for Hospice exists to support and enable these frontline services to fundraise collectively at a national level. Learn more about the work of Together for Hospice at www.togetherforhospice.ie
We are delighted to announce an exclusive competition offering one lucky winner the opportunity to have Afternoon Tea for three people in Bewley’s Grafton Street.
This competition has been created to help raise awareness of Bewley’s Big Coffee Morning Social for Hospice which is celebrating its 29th year while also creating opportunities for everyone to enjoy a coffee and nominate others to join in. Since its inception in 1992, this campaign has raised over €40 million for local hospices and specialist palliative homecare services nationwide. The vital funds raised have enabled local hospice groups to provide specialist, high quality and loving care to patients and their families, fund on-going facility enhancements as well as purchasing crucial equipment.
To enter the competition:
Text COFFEE to 50300 to donate €4 to the Hospice Coffee Morning, Or donate online at www.hospicecoffeemorning.ie/donate/ With every euro raised going towards local hospice and homecare services.
Text costs €4. Hospice Coffee Morning Together with Bewley’s will receive a minimum of €3.60. Service Provider: LIKECHARITY. Helpline: 076 6805278.
Once you’ve donated, share a picture of your donation and a picture of you enjoying your coffee on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. Tag 2 friends in the post and don’t forget @bewleysireland and #MyCoffeeSocial. If you are posting to Twitter then it is fine to use just an image as long as your post includes the hashtag, tags @bewleysireland and nominates others to partake.
Closing date for the competition will be midnight 24th September and winners will be contacted on the 25th of September. T&Cs apply. Competition open to ROI residents only.
This year due to COVID 19 restrictions, coffee morning hosts are encouraged to host socially distanced or virtual coffee mornings to ensure the safety of attendees and that government guidelines are adhered to. It is hoped that this year’s events, whether held in small groups in homes or virtually with colleagues and friends, will raise much-needed funds for hospices across Ireland, to meet growing demands for the services.
Please always remember to stay safe and adhere to the current HSE and Government COVID-19 guidelines. Please visit www.hse.ie to see the most up to date guidance.
#MyCoffeeSocial September 2021 Terms and Conditions:
Competition Close Date: Midnight September 24th 2021
The following terms and conditions relate to the #MyCoffeeSocial Competition (the ‘Competition’) run by Together for Hospice and Bewley’s, the below terms are viewable on https://www.hospicecoffeemorning.ie/ together the “Terms”. By entering the Competition, you accept and agree to be bound by the Terms:
- In order to enter the competition participants must Text* COFFEE to 50300 to donate €4 to the Bewley’s Big Coffee Morning Social for Hospice and post a screen grab of their confirmation text/ coffee to their social account using the following hashtag; #MyCoffeeSocial and tagging @bewleysIreland.
- Texts cost €4. Bewley’s Big Coffee Morning Social for Hospice will receive a minimum of €3.60. Service Provider: LIKECHARITY. Helpline: 076 6805278
- Participants need to post the screen grab to Instagram/ Facebook/Twitter before midnight on 24thSeptember 2021 and ensure their social profile is on public in order for the entry to be counted.
- Together for Hospice or Bewley’s accepts no responsibility or liability for invalid entries or information relating to entries that are lost.
- The winner will be notified on 25thof September. The winner of the prize will be the person who posted the screen grab on their social media. In the event the winner declines the prize or if, following reasonable efforts, we cannot make contact with the selected winner within 48 hours; we will award the prize to another winner.
- The prize consists of a voucher for afternoon tea for 3 people in Bewley’s Grafton Street. The winner will be chosen using an online generator. The winner will be informed via direct message.
- You must be 18+ to enter the competition. Competition open to ROI residents only.
- You agree to co-operate with and comply with all reasonable requests of Together for Hospice and Bewley’s and its agents and employees in connection with the Competition.
- Entrants information will not be used for any communications or subsequent promotions by Together for Hospice, Bewley’s or agents and employee in connection with the competition.